September 8, 2013

August Favorites 2013: Part 1!


Happy Sunday KorKers!

     I know this has been long overdue, but here it is: MY AUGUST FAVORITES…and just wait…there is also A BONUS POST ABOUT SEEING WE THE KINGS LIVE!

     Now, now, calm yourselves. I’m not sure if you guys can handle two posts in one day, but here they are! I feel like my favorites for August are a little overwhelming, so I decided to share with you, my amazing readers about my experience in an entire new post!

     But before I talk about We The Kings in the second part of my favorites (linked below), I present to you:

     August has been quite an entertaining and amazing month, varying from spending time with my friends and family, helping out at my college’s freshman orientation, starting my senior year of college, and of course, seeing We The Kings, T-Mills, Breathe Carolina, The Ready Set, and Like The Movies live in Charlotte, NC. Even within this crazy month, I still have my favorites.

Favorite Song for August: “Acapella” by Karmin
(All rights belong to their respected owners- I don't own this!)


     This is by far, one of my favorite songs for August by this crazy amazing duo. With Karmin’s amazing mix of genres and styles including pop and rap in their music, it’s refreshing and catchy when you hear it. I’ve been a big fan of theirs since “Brokenhearted” hit the radio waves, and I’m anxiously waiting for “Acapella” to start being played, because it is a energetic and fun song, especially for the girls who are single or recently got out of a relationship. I love listening to it while I’m getting ready for classes in the morning because it puts me in a great mood. Just give this track a listen as well as with their other music, you won’t regret it!

Favorite Food/Snack for August: Frozen Grapes or 
Cake Batter Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream
Photo Credit: StylishCuisine.com
YUMMMMM...Cake Batter Froyo!
     You may be thinking, I understand the Cake Batter Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream, but frozen grapes? Well, my family and I went to visit some friends of ours out at their lake house for dinner, and we tried it there. Let me tell you, they’re slightly addicting due to the difference of the consistency/state of the grape (fresh vs. frozen), they’re delicious and healthy, make a good snack, and they can help cool you down just as well as any ice cream would on a hot day. As far as the cake batter frozen yogurt/ice cream, it’s as amazing as it sounds, and slightly addicting due to its delicious nature. (Haha!)

Favorite YouTube Channel for August: Netty Scribble 
(formerly Scribble Netty)
(All rights belong to their respected owners- I don't own this!)

     If you’re a big fan of YouTubers like I am, including PewDiePie, Cryaotic, CinnamonToastKen, and CutiePieMarzia, then you’ve probably seen one or more of Netty’s fananimations. Netty’s a Hungarian YouTuber who posts some of my favorite animations about these YouTubers, and she is INSANELY talented. I honestly wish that I could draw like her, let alone animate and operate Adobe Photoshop as easily! Since joining in late June of last year, she’s skyrocketed within the YouTube community with her videos being featured on PewDiePie’s and CinnamonToastKen’s channels as well as getting shoutouts by them and other YouTubers about her animations and her ‘How Do I Draw…?’ videos (one is posted above). Make sure to check out her channel, especially if you’re a big fan of any of the YouTubers I’ve mentioned. She’s definitely one of my favorite YouTubers to watch and rewatch continuously.

Favorite YouTube video for August: ‘Singing With Helium’ 
(All rights belong to their respected owners- I don't own this!)

     I’ve been a big fan and subscriber of Tyler Oakley and Marcus Butler on YouTube for a while now, and when this video debuted in late August, it made the rough day that I had been having a million times better- I’m not lying. In this video, Marcus and Tyler have a blast singing, rapping, and dancing to various songs with not just any balloons, but HELIUM balloons, which makes it even more hilarious. I’ve had this video on repeat and in my favorites because regardless of how many times I view it, I always smile, laugh, and sing along. This video is well worth watching, as well as subscribing to both of their channels.

Well KorKers, this is just part one of my epic double post of August Favorites! The link to the second part can be found HERE, where I discuss my last favorite for the month of August, my favorite experience!

     Please let me know in the comments below what you think about these favorites, and let me know what your favorites were for this month down below as well. If you have any suggestions for future posts/projects that I should do for KorK, please leave them down in the comments section below, on my suggestion page, or email me at koolorkatastrophy@gmail.com!

KorK Rating: Kool
Until Next Time!
-Katie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit! Please feel free to suggest other trends for me to write about- I would love to hear from you! -Katie