June 30, 2013

June 2013 Favorites!


Happy Sunday KorKers!

I hope you’ve had a great week and are enjoying the summer weather! Here in North Carolina, it’s been a mix of super sunny or stormy weather, and anything in between. With this weather, there’s nothing like sitting on the front porch, curled up with a fresh mug of coffee in hand, listening to the rain and watching the storm unfurl before your eyes. It’s one of Mother Nature’s many wonderful and beautiful acts.

Today, I wanted to share with all of you, my amazing readers; my favorites for the month of June. What I mean is that I want to share with you all my current favorite things- such as music, beauty product, food, movie, etc.- for this month (and so on) as July starts tomorrow. 

So, LET’S GET STARTED!

Favorite Clothing/Accessory:

Photo Credit: Google Images

     Since the heat kicked into high gear this month, I have been constantly wearing my Rainbow® Sandals everywhere I go. These leather flip-flops have been my favorite to-go shoe alongside my favorite pair of Converse sneakers for this month, especially because these sandals have a lifetime warranty and are super comfortable to wear anywhere, especially the beach. They also come in a variety of colors, styles, and can be customized.


Favorite Books (Currently):
I’ve gotten back into rereading J.R.R. Tolkien’s amazing ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy as well as ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘The Silmarillon’ due to a class I completed last semester for my English minor at college. We read each of these books for the course, but I’m taking a second look by rereading them. They’ll also come in handy when I analyze how the next installment of ‘The Hobbit’ film will compare to the novel; but that’s another conversation for another time.


Favorite Beauty Product:
     My favorite beauty product for June is the Goody QuikStyle Brush and Shower Comb Combo Pack, hands down (I was able to get the pack for $4!). It is honestly one of the best hairbrushes that I’ve ever used. The brush itself is designed to help wick away moisture and make hair dry faster, with its antimicrobial microfibers pulling 30% of excess water out of your hair; which is amazing to use after swimming as well as wanting to dry hair in a hurry. 
Also, the brush is very comfortable to the scalp; it doesn’t pull the hair very much, and it is also ventilated so the microfibers can dry quickly. You can also use the brush to help style hair with a hairdryer. As for the comb, its wide set of teeth helps to pull more water out of your hair after or during showering.
All in all, this product is my favorite for this month, and probably will be a constant favorite for months to come. Make sure to give this one a try- you won’t regret it!


Favorite Music Album: RISE by Skillet
Photo Credit: Google Images



     The Christian Rock band Skillet has been one of my favorite music groups for many years now, and I’ve had the pleasure of seeing them perform live about two years ago when they came to Raleigh. This amazing band’s new album, RISE, is an amazing follow-up to their 2009 album Awake, which featured the hit tracks ‘Monster’, ‘Hero’, and ‘Awake and Alive’. The tracks on RISE, including the title track, ‘Rise’ and their first single from the album, ‘Sick of It’, have the strong rock vibe like ‘Awake’, but the sound is clearly unique and a great example of Skillet’s style, with each track having a big or meaningful message, as well as the album in whole. Overall, it’s one of my favorite albums at the moment. If you haven’t checked them out, PLEASE do so. The video above is only just one of their amazing hits out of innumerable others.


Favorite Artist/Music Group for June: We The Kings

Photo Credit: We The Kings' Facebook Fanpage


     Since summer is in full swing, I’m back to jamming out to the amazing music of We The Kings on repeat. Their music always gets me into a summer and beach vibe, especially with such tracks as ‘Friday is Forever’, ‘Skyway Avenue’, ‘She Takes Me High’, and ‘Say You Like Me’. I’ve already planned to listen to their music during my trip to the beach within the next few weeks because of it! I’m also going to see them perform live in late August as well once the Fall semester starts, along with T. Mills, The Ready Set, and Breathe Carolina. (You could say my excitement level is ridiculous right now- it is!) If you haven’t checked them out yet, please do so on their website!
Photo Credit: We The Kings' Facebook Fanpage

     Well, that’s all I have for my June favorites. Let me know in the comment box below what your June favorites are! 
     Also, please feel free to leave your suggestions for future posts (projects you’d like to see, movies to review, etc.) below in the comment box, or email me at koolorkatastrophy@gmail.com!

Until next time! –Katie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit! Please feel free to suggest other trends for me to write about- I would love to hear from you! -Katie