June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day KorKers!



Happy Sunday and Happy Father’s Day KorKers!

     I hope that each and every one of you has had a wonderful Father’s Day! I know my Dad has- we treated him to a nice dinner and also gave him some gifts early when my older sister and brother-in-law came to visit this weekend. Needless to say, he’s stocked on polo shirts for a little while at least. (Haha!) 


     I’m definitely blessed to have such a unique, helpful, amazing, a goof at times, and super supportive father figure, even though we’re both warped in senses of humor and whatnot, he’s my Dad and I wouldn’t change that for anything. I know that my two sisters will agree with me wholeheartedly on this and support it more with further proof, but that’s another story for another time. He’s helped us numerous upon numerous times with any questions we have or if we need advice; sometimes it results in hilarious stories or answers in return, but it’s just the way our relationship is.

     I’m also incredibly blessed to have many other wonderful people in my family that are fathers, some biologically related, whereas for others (friends of the family/family members/ family of friends) I’m ‘adopted’ into their family as if I’m one of their children (my second/adopted Fathers/Godfather) or are an amazing father figure; and I’m glad to know them.

     I’m lucky to still have my father around, and I tell him. One of my ‘second fathers’ (the father of one of my best friends) passed away a little over 2 years ago, and I miss him greatly, especially as he was teaching me to play the guitar. (I still cry a little when I think of him- he was a great guy.)

     Whether you’ve treated your Dad like a king today or just called to wish him a Happy Father’s Day or to thank him for what he’s done for you or helped you with, I hope you tell your Dad what he means to you. Be creative! Write or sing a song, draw something, or just give him a hug- he’ll be sure to love it.

     I hope this amazing video will help you get inspired and make you laugh. Just like my Mother’s Day post with the Yo Momma (Battle of Compliments) video, Rhett & Link have created a Yo Daddy Battle for Father’s Day, and I’m sure it will have you smiling. Hope you enjoy it, and go make sure to check out their YouTube Channel!



Have a great one KorKers! See you all Wednesday! -Katie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit! Please feel free to suggest other trends for me to write about- I would love to hear from you! -Katie