March 27, 2013

Guest Post: Arsherres Jenkins- D.I.Y. Water Marble Nail Art!


Hello KorKers! I'm very pleased and proud to introduce one of my talented and amazing friends of mine from college, and writer of Beauty Tips On A College Budget!!, Arsherres Jenkins! I was super excited when she accepted my offer for her to do a guest post, and I hope you all will enjoy it as much as I do. Without further ado, here’s the special post I was telling you about! Until next time KorKers!
Much Love! –Katie <3
 **********
Hello Bloggers I was pleased when Katie asked me to do a guest post on her blog Kool or Katastrophy? Her blog is very unique and different and I love it. Being creative and trying new things are definitely something I like to do so if you have been to my blog Beauty Tips on A College Budget you will be able to tell. So when picking out something to do I decided to do Marble water nails and see if and how it really works, so here goes nothing- follow me and let’s see if it works out.

Water Marble Nail Art

Ok so if you have ever been to a nail salon you know it can take forever to get your nails done and depending on where you go can be a little pricey so why not try to do nail designs yourself? Water marble nail art is a fun and easy way to do your nails yourself. I personally have tried this a few years ago but today I’m going to try it again and see how it turns out, so let’s begin.

 Step 1
Get a cup of water and make sure the water is at room temperature. Having the water at room temperature is very important because if its not the polish will drop straight to the bottom of the cup.

Step 2
Make sure you have all your supplies ready to go!
1. Cotton balls (Optional)
2. Q-Tips
3. Nail Polish Remover
4. Tooth Picks

                       

 Step 3
Make sure you have clear nail polish for your base coat (apply before you start). It doesn’t matter the brand of the clear polish.


Step 4
Pick out as many colors as you want.


 Step 5
Pick your first color and let one drop fall in the water, then the next color on top of that and repeat the process until you have all the colors you want in the water for your design.         
       

 Step 6
Once you have your colors in the water, you can begin to make any design you want in the polish using a toothpick


Step 7
Once you have made your design stick your finger in curled with your nail bed facing the polish in the water and proceed with putting your finger in the water. Once you have placed your finger in the water pull your finger out.

                 


Step 8
Once you have your finger out you will have nail polish on the remainder of your finger, but no worries- that’s where the remover comes in handy and you just wipe it off using either cotton balls or Q-tips.
              


       
Step 9
Once you have completed all the steps, you should have the design on your nails that you wanted.


*Outcome: For me it worked but the designs that I wanted didn’t look the way I wanted but with a little more practice I feel I can master it. I hope you will try this because it is one Kool way to do your own nail designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit! Please feel free to suggest other trends for me to write about- I would love to hear from you! -Katie