February 17, 2013

We Won The Liebster Award, KorKers!


Oh my gosh you guys! A fellow blogger and good friend of mine, Cluttered Genius has chosen me as a recipient of the Liebster Award!!!! AHH!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Credit: Cluttered Genius
With being awarded the Liebster Award, here are the rules: Someone chooses you. You tell 11 things about yourself. You answer 11 questions. You choose 11 bloggers and ask 11 questions that they’ll answer.
Pretty fun right? So, here I go!


11 Things About Me:

1.     I’m a junior in college studying Communication Arts and minoring in English.

2.     One of my absolute dream jobs would be to work at a music magazine or radio station so I could meet with my favorite singers and bands and listen to music as my job!

3.    I LOVE to read and write. They help me escape the stresses from the world, just like music does.

4.   In college this semester, one of my classes is a topics course on J.R.R. Tolkien. Which means, YES, I’m getting to reread The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy along with The Similarion for this course! This class has been one of my absolute favorites this semester by far!

5.   I am an absolute geek part of the time- I freak out over something that happened in Dr. Who and almost any other show or fandom you can think of.

6.    I love my life in the South- especially Friday Night football, the food, along with the culture. There isn’t any other place that I know of that I would call home than here, but that could always change.

7.    I’ve flown in Black Hawk helicopters about five times or so, along with a touring helicopter, yet I’ve never flown on a commercial airplane.

8.     I’d love to take a road trip through the United States with some friends or family eventually so I can say that I’ve been to them at least once.

9.     I have an addiction to a popular local drink called a Witch Doctor- it’s a mix of sodas, along with lemon slices and dill pickle chips & its juice. YES, I said PICKLES IN A DRINK! It’s a unique drink, but so delicious at the same time! It tastes like a Cherry Lemon Sundrop, but with a little twang. I’m hoping to find or make my own recipe of it for KorK soon!

10.  I’m a kid at heart; most of us are, but one of my favorite things to do if I have free time is to watch Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli movies such as Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, and Castle in the Sky.

11.  I’m excited to see what the rest of my junior year of college will bring- it’s been a crazy ride so far!


My answers to Cluttered Genius’ questions:

1.     Who do you look up to most? Why?

I look up to my parents the most, mainly because I value their opinion and can seek them out for advice or comfort whenever I need it.

2.    Do you watch reality shows? If you do, which is your favorite? If you don’t, why?

I don’t watch reality shows if I can help it, ever. I feel like reality shows have lowered the I.Q. of a large amount of people and it makes me feel embarrassed and awful that this is how our culture is being portrayed to the ENTIRE WORLD. (Especially with trashy shows such as “Honey BooBoo” and “Jersey Shore”. Seriously T.V. Networks, WHY?!? What happened to good quality entertainment?)

3.  What is your favorite book of all time?

That’s a hard question to answer...but if I had to choose just one, it would probably be The Princess Bride by William Goldman or The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. If I had to pick between book series, it would be a tie between about five different ones. Haha.

4.    Favorite band of all time?

I have a lot of favorite bands and musicians, but if I had to pick just one, it would be Boys Like Girls, followed by Skillet, The Beatles, Paramore, and countless others.

5.     If you had to pick a song that best described you, what would it be?

Another hard question…its hard to pick one that best describes me, for it changes a lot, but the first one that comes to mind is “Anything But Ordinary” by Avril Lavigne or “All-American Girl” by Carrie Underwood.

6.    What is your biggest fear?

Failure or falling.

7.     Night owl or early bird?

Either, but I’m mainly a night owl during the weekends and summers. I love my sleep though.

8.     If you’re willing to share, what’s your most embarrassing moment?

I don’t think I have one that outranks all of them, but there was a time when I slipped walking up the stairs at my house- I got a huge purple bruise near my knee because of it.

9.   Cats or dogs?

Either- my family has three cats, a dog, and cows on our farm.

10.  When you have nothing else to do, what do you find yourself doing?

Watching YouTube, singing, listening to music, walking around the farm, reading, talking with friends and family, or skimming through Facebook or Pinterest to find ideas for my next blog post.

11.  What’s a talent you which you had?

I wish I could learn different languages easily, play the piano effortlessly, and be able to do my hair the way I want it to without stressing out over it (it’s an aggravation to me).


My questions to my fellow bloggers:

1.    If you had a time machine, what would you use it for and why?
2.    If you could meet anyone famous, who would you like to meet (past or present) and why?
3.    Urban life or rural life?
4.    Favorite song at the moment?
5.    Favorite movie quote of all time?
6.    If you were a superhero, what would your powers be, how would you use them, and why?
7.   What was one of your favorite television shows as a kid and why?
8.   Would you rather: have a wheel for a foot or a hook for a hand? Why?
9.    What is your dream job?
10. If your life were made into a film who would you choose to play your character within the movie? (Actor/Actress)
11. Where is the furthest that you have ever traveled or want to travel to?


The Bloggers I’ve chosen to receive The Liebster Award, in no particular order:
Kate @ Baby Bulls

Congrats ya'll! :)
So KorKers, go visit my recipients and Cluttered Genius’ blog, give them some love, and I’ll see you guys on Wednesday!  <3 Katie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Katie! You're too kind for putting me in that list along with the others. Had no idea you've flown in helicopters?! Wild, i've always wanted to but so far only planes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! :)
      I've flown in the helicopters when I was in JROTC back in high school and also since my Uncle was a pilot in the National Guard. It's definitely a fun and unique experience!
      -Katie

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! Please feel free to suggest other trends for me to write about- I would love to hear from you! -Katie