February 6, 2013

Homemade Pizza Rolls/Spheres/Bites


Happy Wednesday! As most college students know, our diets usually consist of going to the school cafeteria, bringing our own lunch, hitting up the snack machine, or going out somewhere on campus or in town to get some ‘decent’ food. Within that diet, a common staple is PIZZA. Making homemade pizza is normal in my family’s house, especially if it’s a weekend or we have friends over. With a craving for an experiment and pizza, I decided to try two different ways of making it with the help of my Mom- pizza rolls & pizza spheres.

Needed Materials: pizza dough or croissant roll dough, pizza sauce or marinara sauce, cheese- shredded or string cheese, pepperoni, bacon, and any other toppings you may want.
Directions: Preheat the oven to the temperature on the canister of dough. While its preheating, take the dough and make your spheres (placing toppings in the center and covering up with the rest of the dough), rolls (place the toppings on the dough and roll up like a croissant), or in any form you wish. Once the rolls or spheres are prepared, place them on a pan (we used a pizza stone) and bake them for the designated time on the dough canister or longer, varying on how well done you want them to be. Once they are done, place them on a plate and serve with pizza sauce or marinara sauce. THEN FEAST UPON THE DELICIOUSITY!

I had a blast making these with my Mom and my family and I devoured the two batches we made. We did discover that croissant roll dough makes the pizza bites a bit sweeter than normal pizza dough, but in a different and positive way. I hope you guys give this one a try- it’s worth it. 
KorK Rating: Kool J
‘Til Next Time! –Katie <3

1 comment:

  1. Yum. Those pizza bites really look and sound good. Thank you for the easy recipe idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit! Please feel free to suggest other trends for me to write about- I would love to hear from you! -Katie