February 27, 2013

Homemade Caramel Frappes: Kool or Katastrophy?



Happy Wednesday KorKers!
     I hope you’ve had a good few days! It’s been a little crazy and hectic with my school schedule, but thankfully Spring Break for my college starts this weekend! YAY! 

     Although, with that said- I probably won’t be able to keep up with my normal postings on Sundays and Wednesdays, but I'll try- you’ll just have to keep checking back to see!

     Anyway, with Spring Break around the corner, I wanted to try out another recipe: Homemade Caramel Frappes (Thanks to my relative Sherri for suggesting via Pinterest!). I loved the suggestion and wanted to try it out as soon as I could- I had a coffee craving after she sent it! Hah!

The original pin she sent me from Pinterest links to the rather cool website Sweet Pennies from Heaven, the source for this recipe.
Photo Credit: Sweet Pennies from Heaven

The Final Result!

I had no idea what to expect out of my attempts to make these frappes, but the directions are rather simple in regards to the recipe. However, I did run into some blender trouble after adding all of the ingredients in- because the motor on the blender I started with was burnt out- and I had to switch to another blender. Blender fiasco aside, once I finished blending everything together, I got some glasses out, filled them up, and topped them with whipped cream and caramel syrup. My reaction to my frappe was complete surprise followed by, “YUM!” and another sip. 
I have one concern that I saw in making this recipe, for anyone who wants to make this at home:  the type and flavor of coffee you use will make the drink's flavor a little different from another for this recipe- just a fair warning. 
Other than that, this is a great recipe in my opinion and worth trying out! J

KorK rating: Kool
Until next time KorKers!
-Katie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit! Please feel free to suggest other trends for me to write about- I would love to hear from you! -Katie